Friday, December 8, 2017

Book Art Studio NZ Book Camp December 2017

I attended a wonderful week long book camp this week run by Liz Constable of Book Art Studios.  I had an amazing time. I reconnected with women that I had met at Fibre Arts earlier in the year and met some amazing and creative women from Australia.  Liz did very well to keep us all on track and creating.  The amount of talent within the group was fabulous and there were some awesome books made.  Check out everyone's work on Liz's facebook page -  Book Art Studios.

Here are some of the books that I made. 

We made a tunnel book. As usual mine took off in a totally different direction to everyone else's books.  I had a bunch of Halloween dies and a friend had asked for a halloween book so I wanted to try to incorporate the dies in a Halloween book.  Here is the result.
































Calico Book made with lots of stitching and again I used a lot of die cuts and stamps and added lots of layers.




















The third project was a Coptic bound book. I used my eco dyed paper on the covers and added book corners made from cardboard.





Then because I had a bit of time left over I made another book out of one of the boxes that the morning ereal had come in. This was covered with another of my eco dyed papers.








No comments:

Post a Comment