Thursday, July 21, 2016

Southern Girls Challenge - Altered Matchbox

I am totally in love with the Prima Rust Pastes so for the Anything Goes Challenge at Southern Girls I am posting an altered matchbox I made for a swap. These pastes are so easy to use and give such an amazing effect.  I glue two of the larger matchboxes together, then I covered I glued on various cardboard diecuts. for the top of the box I added a small plastic picture frame and a Prima cupid.  I then painted everything with black gesso and once that was dry I painted the whole piece with the three rust pastes. I used recycled earrings for the drawer pulls to finish it off.  I love the way it turned out and it was so effortless. Hope this inspires you to try these wonderful pastes out for yourself and check out Southern Girls to see what the other Design Team members have come up with and perhaps it may inspire you to join in the challenge. Remember anything goes and all types of projects are welcomed.








1 comment:

  1. Ngaere, this is fabulous! Your mixed media pieces always have me stunned. They are so intricate and gorgeous. Always such a treat for the eye. Fabulous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete