Saturday, February 6, 2016

Love My Garden

It has been so good to get back into the carft room after the Christmas.New Year rush.  I have been playing around with a little project for the Imagine If Design Team using lots of the gorgeous chipboard pieces that Jo has in the shop.  Here is the finished project.










Jo had sent me a small MDF heart and I used this as the base for the project.  I painted it with white gesso and added textures using texture paste through a swirl stencil from Imagine If and a Tim Holtz word stencil. I also randomly added some coarse texture paste in  areas.  I then painted everything with white gesso.




I then took a gorgeous tag topped with a butterfly and spread it with crackle texture paste.  This is another all time favourite product.  Jo sells the crackle paste both on line and in her ship at Morrinsville. I cut one of the chipboard chandeliers in half and then sorted out some other chipboard pieces that I could incorporate into the piece.





I then had a play and layered them up to see how they would work on the project.

 Once I was happy with the way it looked I placed it all on the tag, then layered the tag over some muslin on to the heart.  I added a few extra bits and pieces of chipboard that I found and then I painted everything with white gesso.

 Once the gesso was dry I used several sprays and inks to colour the piece. I wanted to keep the colours muted so I blotted the sprays once I had sprayed them.

I love the texture and the colours on this piece and I really love using the chipboard pieces. They are strong and hold up well  to the use of paints and sprays.
Check out the products at Imagine If. Not only does Jo design and cut the chipboard herself but she stocks a wide range of paints, sprays and mediums to make any project.
Happy crafting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment