Saturday, September 19, 2015

Steampunk Tag

In between rearranging and tidying my craft room I have been having a play with a couple of tags.  I have been looking at the amazing art on a Facebook group I am part of SanDee and amelie's Steampunk challenges and decided to make a tag and enter it in their September challenge.  Check out the incredible work on their blog.

Here is my finished tag:

 
Here is the process for making the tag:
 
Firstly I painted the tag black then I glued on some mesh tape and some pipes cut using Memory box stencils.
 
 
I then painted everything with grey paint.  Added on some fine sand medium and then painted on another coat of grey paint with some black added to darken it a bit.  I then used Rusty Paint and a bit more black. I was quite happy with the texture and the look of the tag.
 


 
 
I then painted up a Tim Holtz clock diecut and some more Memory Box diecuts gears and this time I added  little turquoise to change the colour a little.  I also added some hinge diecuts from Cheery Lynn and another die from Couture Creations.
 
 
Once I was happy with the background I assembled the corset and wings and added some embellishments and used chipboard letters across the top of the tag and it was finished.  I am very pleased with how it turned out and as I said at the beginning of this post I will be entering it in the challenge at SanDee and amelie's Steampunk Challenge blog.
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow!!! That tag is just incredible, Ngaere!

    And I am so happy to hear that you like our challenges and the facebook group! Thanks for the kind words!;)

    I loved reading your post and especially that you also share some images of the creative process! That was very inspiring to see! Thank you!

    So happy you joined in our challenge at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like our FB group! It sure is fun to see what everyone is creating or sharing a Steampunk picture they have found.

    Your tag has so many luscious layers! Those pipes are genius! I love that you have showed your process and the paint choices. So many amazeballs items to look at! The corset and the wings are perfect for the central image on this design. Wowzers!!

    Thanks for joining us on FB and for our Tag It challenge at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk Challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe !!! merci à bientôt nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love the background and all the fantastic embellishments!

    ReplyDelete