Thursday, September 24, 2015

Southern Girls Challenge - Whimsical/Fun

For my DT project at Southern Girls I have made a "fun" little junk journal.  I was cleaning out my craft room when I came across a box of cards that I had made at various workshops, put away and forgot all about them.  So I thought it would be nice to use them and rather than just give them away individually I thought I would use them to make a little junk journal.
So I deconstructed an old book and bound some of the cards into it. I did not alter the cover apart from gluing a sample piece to the front as I liked the idea of the original cover being seen.  The cards bound into the book cover are different sizes and colours and there is room for journaling as well as adding photos if required. I added a charm to the spine and made a simple closure using bulldog clips, a clasp, chain and more beads from an old bracelet.  I was really happy with how it turned out and will probably make a few more.

Here is the finished journal:



















This is a fun little project that took next to no time to make and uses all recycled materials.  Please check out the other Design Team projects over at Southern Girls Challenge and feel free to join in the challenge with your take on the theme of "Whimsical/Fun".

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW! Stunning Ngaere and so many treasures stored. What a beautiful keepsake. Utterly LOVE it! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete