Thursday, November 6, 2014

Southern Girls - Boy Challenge

The challenge over at Southern Girls Challenge at the moment is "Boys".  My project is a canvas for my grandson Chase.  Chase is into motorcross so I wanted the canvas to reflect this. 


 
 The words are cut out of MDF. I painted them with black paint and then I covered them with crackle medium.  Over the medium I used blue and yellow paint. Once the paint had dried I covered the letters with resin.








I embossed white card with an embossing folder that looked like tyre tracks. I ripped these into pieces and glued them to the canvas.  Using black gesso I painted the canvas and using tissue I added pieces to the canvas to emulate the dirt and grass found on the motorcross track.  I then painted everything with black gesso.



 
 
Once the gesso was dry I drybrushed the canvas with two shades of brown paint and then green paint to highlight the tissued areas and to give the appearance of dirt and grass.

 
 
Now he has a great canvas for his room that reflects his interest. 

Pop over to Southern Girls Challenge blog to see what the other DT members have done for this challenge and feel free to join in the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Ngaere your creations are always so fabulous and this gorgeous room sign is no exception! Fabulous. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete