Monday, May 5, 2014

Wedding March

This is my latest project using the Imagine If chipboard small shoes.  These are the little shoes that Jo has designed for smaller projects.  I was looking at Pinterest and wedding favour boxes seem to be all the rage overseas so after giving it some thought I have made this simple project using one of the small chipboard shoes.



To begin I started with a small box that used to house a glass ornament.

 
 
I covered all sides and the top and bottom of the box with Kaisercraft  Fairy Tales                      paper.  I inked all of the edges of the paper before glueing them to the box leaving a small border.
 
 

I also covered the inside of the box base and lid.

 
I cut two die cuts from white card using  the Couture Creations  Moments in Time die.  I glued one to each long side of the box wrapping it around the side.  I then cut further dies cuts from white card using the Couture Creations Kaleidoscope Heart die and the Couture Creations  Tranquility flourish   die.  These I glued to the lid.
 




I gave the whole box a coat of modge podge to seal the papers.  I then wrapped ribbon around three  white roses from the Imagine If/Fix Design NZ design team kit and glued them to the top of the box.  I covered the shoe with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Dusty Concord, and then while the ink was still wet I sprinkled on Aourua Opals.  With a heat gun I melted the opals and added another couple of layers to get the effect I wanted.  I added small gemstones to the heel and the toe of the shoe. Using an awl I made holes on each side of the ankle and threaded gold thread through and tied it in a bow.  To finish the piece I painted a chipboard butterfly white and then covered it with crystalline Kindy Glitz to give it some sparked.  I glued the butterfly to the stems of the roses and the box was complete.  Just a simple little project but very effective. 

Thank you for reading this post and please don't forget to leave a comment or ask a question. 

If you like the projects that the Design Team have made this month wait until you see the next lot of projects they are stunning.

Regards, Ngaere

Materials used in this project

ImagineIf/FixDesign NZ Cardmakers Mini Heels
ImagineIf/FixDesign Chipboard Card Cutout Butterflies
ImagineIf/FixDesign White Paper Roses
Recycled box
Kaisercraft  Fairy Tales paper
White card
Couture Creations Dies, Kaleidoscope Heart, Tranquility Flourish. Moments in Time Flourish
Ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress In Dusty Concord
Opals-AuroraGlue/Modge Podge
Gold cord
Kaisercraft gems
Tim Holtz Chip Block Alphabet die




No comments:

Post a Comment